IELTS (International English Language Testing System) gives a detailed assessment of English language skills of non-native English speakers who need to study, train, or work in English. The test is administered in the Netherlands by the British Language Training Centre (BLTC) in conjunction with the British Council and Cambridge Assessment English. The test centres are in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven, Zwolle, and Rotterdam.
- Over 3 million people take the IELTS test globally a year.
- The test is administered in the Netherlands at least 3 times a month.
- IELTS tests all four language skills: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. It gives a separate mark for each skill, as well as an overall score.
- The test is for either Academic or General Training skills.
- The test can be taken on paper or on computer.
- For IELTS on paper, results are available 13 days after taking the test. For IELTS on computer, results are available 3-5 days after taking the test.
- Tests can also be held in educational and commercial institutes anywhere in the Netherlands.
- There is a free 30-hour online preparation package (Road to IELTS). This is free for all candidates who register with the BLTC. See the Test Drive version of Road to IELTS here.
- No feedback will be available for your IELTS exam
IELTS tests, both IELTS on computer and IELTS on paper, are fully supervised and carried out only at our test centre and offsite locations in the Netherlands under secure exam conditions. All our IELTS tests comply with Government COVID-19 requirements at all times.
Taking the IELTS test
Registration is online on a first-come, first-served basis. You cannot register for the IELTS on the day of the test.
2021 test fee per person: €236
The test fee is non-refundable
Click here to register for an IELTS test
- Who accepts IELTS?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- If you are not an EU or EFTA (Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) citizen and you are applying for a visa to move to or remain in the UK, please read this important information about the IELTS test for UK Visa and Immigration purposes.
- For further information on the IELTS test for UK Visas and Immigration, you can write to the British Council at email@example.com
Are you ready? IELTS preparation courses at BLTC
Are you ready to take the IELTS test? BLTC offers intensive and extensive IELTS preparation courses throughout the year. Find out more.