Updated NEWS regarding upcoming IELTS test dates & cancelled exams during the covid-19 crisis can be found here:
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) gives a detailed assessment of English language skills of non-native English speakers who need to study, train or work in English. The test is administered in the Netherlands by the British Language Training Centre (BLTC) in conjunction with the British Council and Cambridge Assessment English. The test centres are in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven, Zwolle and Rotterdam.
- Over 3 million people take the IELTS test globally a year.
- The test is administered in the Netherlands at least 3 times a month.
- IELTS tests all four language skills: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. It gives a separate mark for each skill, as well as an overall score.
- The test is for either Academic or General Training skills.
- Test results are available 13 days after taking the test.
- Tests can also be held in educational and commercial institutes anywhere in the Netherlands.
- There is a free 30-hour online preparation package (Road to IELTS). This is free for all candidates who register with the BLTC. See the Test Drive version of Road to IELTS here.
Taking the IELTS test
Registration is online on a first come, first served basis. You cannot register for the IELTS on the day of the test.
2020 test fee per person: €236
The test fee is non-refundable
- Who accepts IELTS?
- Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQs)
- If you are not an EU or EFTA (Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) citizen and you are applying for a visa to move to or remain in the UK, please read this important information about the IELTS test for UK Visa and Immigration purposes.
- For further information on the IELTS test for UK Visas and Immigration, you can write to the British Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready? IELTS preparation courses at BLTC
Are you ready to take the IELTS test? BLTC offers intensive and extensive IELTS preparation courses throughout the year. Find out more.